ANNOUNCING A NEW BATCH OF LOCAL “CASUAL” NETWORKING EVENTS:
Your local Southeastern Michigan chapter of STC is unveiling some new dates for upcoming casual networking events around the metropolitan Detroit and Ann Arbor areas. Some are lunches and some are happy hour events this time. Please RSVP in advance if you’ll be attending so we make sure to have enough seating available and so we can notify you if something changes. At these events, attendees are responsible for purchasing their own food/beverages, but the camaraderie and conversation are free!
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014: Networking happy hour, 4-6 p.m., at Mr. Joe’s, 26077 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield. RSVP by noon on Monday, 2/24 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, March 7, 2014: Networking lunch, 11:30 -1:00, at Palm Palace, Carpenter Rd., Ann Arbor area. RSVP by noon on Thursday, 3/6 to email@example.com.
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014: Networking happy hour, 4-6 p.m., at Doc’s Sports Retreat on Victor Parkway in Livonia (off I-275 and 7 Mile). RSVP by noon on Tuesday 3/18 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, April 17, 2014: Networking lunch, 11:30 -1:00, at Niki’s, 735 Beaubien (Greektown) in Downtown Detroit. RSVP by Wednesday, 4/16 to email@example.com.
- TBD: Another networking event for Detroit’s northern suburbs…stay tuned for date and place.
FREE STC WEBINAR: USING STC RESOURCES TO FIND EMPLOYMENT
Presenter: Dr. Jackie Damrau
When: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Time: 12:30-1:30 p.m., EST
To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
STC members will learn how to use STC website resources to help them in finding their ideal job. We start off by covering the “10 Tips to Your Ideal Dream Job” with the associated STC website resources used to supplement each tip. We then conclude by quickly walking through “4 Career Search Tips for What Not To Do” and the “80/20 Rule During Interviews.”
About Dr. Damrau:
Dr. Jackie Damrau is a Sr. Business Systems Analyst at CBRE. In her current role, Jackie models business processes and other department workgroup processes using BPMN modeling notation for determining workflow automation of existing paper-based processes or improving existing business processes. Jackie has more than 25 years of technical communication experience. She is a Fellow of the Society for Technical Communication (STC), member of the STC North Texas Lone Star chapter and the Instructional Design and Learning SIG, and the Book Review Editor for Technical Communication. Jackie’s past international positions have been as a SIG manager for the Instructional Design and Learning SIG; assistant SIG manager for the Management SIG; elected member of the Nominations Committee; and general manager of the STC International Summit Awards (2010-2012). Jackie enjoys reading literature, sociology, linguistics, and philosophy. Find her on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackiedamrau) or on Twitter (@damrauja).
Mary Jo David, STC-SM Membership Manager